We haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd better get on here and catch everyone up on what has been going on in our lives.
Mark is doing very well - he is still recovering from the surgery but has a lot of energy and looks great!
We had decided to go the all natural route and had started down that path when our oncologist really started pushing chemotherapy. We decided that we would be open to what she had to say and would commit it to prayer.
Just some of the facts that we were dealing with:
*The side effects of chemo could make Mark really sick for the next six months
*Chemo only improves his overall prognosis by 8-12%
*Chemo is covered 100% by our insurance company
*Our homeopathic doctor and all treatments are not covered by insurance
*Our natural path is very time consuming
*We both feel great on this new diet and God is definitely changing our taste buds
*For all we (or the doctors) know God has already cured Mark completely
After spending two weeks doing more research and trying to get all our stats in order and spending much time in prayer asking God for wisdom and peace about our final decision we both came to the same 100% conclusion that we are not going the chemo route but are staying on the natural path.
Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving,let your requests be made known to God:
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
We praise God for passages like this and for prayer that has led us to where we are.
The greatest peace is this - we know that God in in control completely of our lives and He knows our future - we could make all the "right" decisions or all the "wrong" decisions and still have the same outcome.
All of our kids are very supportive and they have been a huge help and encouragement to both of us.
The support and prayers from friends and family has been awesome!
We have also been referred and recommended to go to the Rudolph Steiner Health Institute in Ann Arbor, Mi. which we are looking into. He would go to two weeks for treatments of all kinds - he would stay there where they feed you an all organic diet and have classes, etc. The next date that he would be able to go would be November 9-21.
*weekly IV treatments that I am administering to Mark here at house
*discipline to remember all the supplements and treatments Mark takes daily
*decision about whether or not to go to Rudolph Steiner
*as we continue our organic diet and juicing (btw - we highly recommend the Vita-Mix!)
*protection for our daughter Jessica as she is moving to Brazil from October 3-December 21
That's about all for now - we love you all and look forward to hearing from you!
Mark and Lee