Last night they finally came to get Mark to take him down to get the epidural/cortisone in his neck. When we got down to pre-op the doctor said that he felt like Mark didn't need this shot but rather needed another procedure. He felt like when they put the epidural in for the surgery last Thursday the needle may have gone a little too far and nicked his spine and now there was spinal leakage that was causing the pain. The procedure to fix that is to do a blood patch by taking blood from his arm and injecting it into where they nicked his spine to patch up the leak.
He also said that Mark does have 3 bulging discs in his neck but that plenty of people do and that was most likely not causing the pain.
We are sitting here waiting on Dr. Elwood to see if he will release Mark to go home today - we are hopeful - he is so much better today.
I will post a blog whenever we find out when we are heading home.
God is so good and we are so thankful for all of His blessings that He has given us!