Friday, July 29, 2011

Upcoming Scans

Friends and Family,

I realized that I haven't updated this blog in quite some time! We have been very busy and Mark the busiest.

I am so thankful to say that Mark is continuing to do well and God has restored and healed him in such a marvelous way that we just continue to give thanks.

When I contrast last summer to this there just isn't hardly any comparing in regards to what Mark has been able to do physically. He is back playing tennis - a lot! And physically he doesn't look like he's ever even had one surgery!

One day we had the opportunity to get on a wave runner on the lake and we did! As I hung on to him for dear life (he drives very fast!) I was reminded that last year this would not have been possible and it just caused me to stop and thank our wonderful Lord for all that He has done for us!

Mark has been able to go to FCA camp at St. Simons for a week and then he was very blessed to be able to go to the Dominican Republic for a baseball mission trip thru FCA for a week.

Even though we know that God has miraculously healed Mark, our oncologist insists that he come in every 3-4 months for scans to make sure everything is good.

To be honest, I dread the scans because it causes me to have fear when before I was going along, praising God for healing and not worried - I'm not sure exactly what it is but when the time for scans come I get anxious. I realize this is not the way that God would have His child be so I pray that I will just give it all to Him and not worry!

The next set of scans is scheduled for August 11th and then we have an appointment to find out the results on the 18th.

Please pray for continued good results and for me to trust God and not allow fear into the equation.

I will be posting after our doctor appointment - thank you for your prayers!!!

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment